I enjoy September, October and November...the kids and I always spend a couple days getting the inside of the house decorated as well as our front porch! The reds, oranges, and yellows are some of my favorite colors.
This year, I took my Parents As Teachers families to the Pumpkin Paradise patch just outside of Sublette. We showed up in the Hugoton Eagles activity bus and had a great afternoon. Who knew that we really needed some sunscreen that day...the kids enjoyed the hayride (although awful dusty...need rain!), getting to walk the patch for their perfect pumpkin, some juice and snacks and then back on the bus for the ride home.
Since we were already in Hugoton, we drove out to the farm to see Papa and Grandma. Papa had a few large pumpkins to share with us as well. One of them topped the scales at 78 pounds! They made a beautiful porch decoration this year.

I love fall too. It is my favorite time of year. 78 pound pumpkin?!? good gracious!
ReplyDelete